I’m having second thoughts about keeping the Sephora Play! subscription, especially after Macy’s announced their subscription box. But I decided to keep for at least one more month after June.
This box had Your Summer Starters as the theme. I believe they did curated a box that is nice for the Summer. However, they had so many variations that I ended up receiving one that is not my favorite one.
The items I received were:
– Benefit Porefessional Face Primer – It would be nice if I actually had any problems with large pores or something like that. The sample is tiny, but a little goes a long way and you are supposed to apply it only to the T zone.
– Verb Sea Spray – this is one of those sea salt spray to get waves on your hair. My hair is super thin, so I can hardly ever get any waves at all on it. I will try, though, but this is not a product I would normally use.
– Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Lovesick – I know a lot of people love this, but I didn’t like the formula. The color is a little bit too strong for me too. I was happy that I had the opportunity to try this, though.
– Klorane Dry Shampoo – This is actually a very nice dry shampoo. I would have loved to receive this sample in any other month, but not in the specific month in which the FabFitFun box comes with a full size version of the same dry shampoo…
– Versace Bright Crystal fragrance – not new to me. It’s okay, but not my style for everyday use.
– And, finally, Coola Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 (not depicted) – this is the only product with SPF in the box. I would expect more, considering it’s a Summer themed box. However, sometime during shipping this product leaked and the text in the bottle faded. The resulting smell was so strong that when I received my box I thought there was something really wrong with it, since it had a skunk smell. I complained to Sephora about this and they refunded me the amount of the box. I was expecting something like 100 points to redeem for another sample, but refunding the amount for the entire box was beyond my expectations. So because Sephora has this amazing CS, I decided to keep my subscription for at least one more month. I hope July can positively surprise me.